August 16, 2010
Good week. I’m gonna keep this short so I can talk to my family. Got my full Chinese name! It’s Mù Jìng Lún. It means “respecter of relations between people” or “honored logic.” Dou keyi [both can work]. Anyway, people have already started to leave and I can’t wait until I get to! I travel to SLC then fly to LAX then to Hong Kong and finally to Singapore. I can’t wait! I leave then 23rd and get to Singapore the 25th. That’s almost two full days in the air. (Plus the date line, but whateva.) That’s about it.
Here’s a list of questions:
1. Do you have your travel plans?
- Yep, I wrote a letter detailing them.
2. Did you call the bank?
- I did not call the bank but I sent a letter, do I need to call?
3. Have you mailed the SD card?
- I have not yet mailed it, I tried to print pics, but the stupid machine failed.
4. Have you been asked to speak in Church?
- Haven’t spoken yet.
5. Are you and Elder Whinham the only missionaries on the plane to Singapore?
- Nope, there’s an entire district going to Singapore speaking Indonesian
6. Have you heard from President Clark?
7. Are you nervous? (I am.)
- No, I just want to go!
8. When is the last time we can DearElder you?
- Probably this week, so this Friday.
9. Will you get a new name tag with your Chinese name?
- That I don’t know about…
I love your random thoughts! I’m super happy. I really am. It’s definitely an adventure here, but I love it. Then again I can’t wait to leave. I’ll be calling you from LAX at about 11:00 p.m. at night (any time between then and 1:00 a.m. Don’t worry about me Momma! I love you so much.